Turmeric – The Miracle Spice and The Most Healing Herbal Medicine
This magical spice is one of the best foods (or supplements) which you can consume for your health. Turmeric is a herb that is common in South Asia, particularly India where it is used in the production of spices, this is a key ingredient of curry powder that gives it its yellow hue.
Turmeric is also known for its healing properties and is therefore used for centuries in India as a natural remedy for many diseases. It has a mild scent that is reminiscent of orange and ginger, and taste it is slightly bitter and resinous.
Turmeric has in itself important vitamins and minerals, such as iron, manganese, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C. Scientists are just beginning to discover the health benefits of this plant.
Here are some of the health benefits of turmeric:
- Dust turmeric has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that make it ideal antiseptic for wounds.
- Probably one of the best health benefits of turmeric is a powerful anti-cancer property. Curcumin is a phytochemical in turmeric that has its powerful effect.
- Studies have shown that decreasing the size of the tumor and it is able to block tumor growth.Studies have shown that turmeric may be effective in protecting against neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. Epidemiological studies show that the level of neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease is very low in the elderly in India, where it is often used spice curcumin.
- Turmeric works to detoxify the liver and reduces the symptoms of bloating and gas in people suffering from indigestion.
- Can be useful in the treatment of psoriasis.
- Turmeric may help prevent atherosclerosis, the accumulation of plaque that can block arteries and lead to heart attack or stroke. The extract of turmeric reduces total cholesterol. You can prevent blood clots.
Ground turmeric can be put in the stew, soup, rice and fish dishes, you will get a new taste and color. Turmeric is an excellent spice to complement recipes with beans special lens. If you overdo it with the use of turmeric in a meal, will result in a
slightly bitter taste. I think that is enough reason to turmeric as often used as a dietary supplement.